[game_preservation] Game graduate school?

Rowan Kaiser rowankaiser at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 21:02:41 EDT 2010

I have two projects I'm interested in doing. The first is what I'm working
on now, which is a narrative history of games. I definitely have the
motivation and the information to work on this, but I don't know that it's
terribly academic right now.

The second is an examination of the concept of "fun" using video games. We
tend to use the term synonymously with the qualities that make a good game,
but I'd really like to get into that more. Does our brain really consider
World of Warcraft, Civilization, and Call of Duty the same kind of fun?

Both of these would likely fall under "game studies," although the former
definitely could have some overlap with game preservation.

Rowan