[game_preservation] Article about proper SNES emulation

Frank Cifaldi fcifaldi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 17:49:22 EDT 2011

We're finally starting to see some actual hardware running using FPGA chips,
which is very exciting to me. We may not see low level 100% accurate N64
software emulation in our lifetimes, but assuming schematics are available,
we can (in theory) build new hardware that acts exactly like the original.

http://www.jrok.com/hardware/wsf/

http://danstrother.com/fpga-nes/

http://www.fpgacentral.com/fpga-product/aveda/one-chip-msx

http://visual6502.org/

I can't wait until this gets commercially viable and I can buy a cheap
handheld that "emulates" old consoles on a hardware level.