[game_preservation] Kotaku: Videogame History MuseumKickstarter short on funds

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:36:45 EDT 2011

One lesson that I think is good to learn and easy to find out if you learn as you go is the equivalent of measure twice, cut once: do it right the first time so you don have to do it again later. This has happened to me with everything from CD backup (using MP3 rather than lossless, so I had to do it again this past year), scanning, and audio recording. So I learned the hard way to do lots of tests and verification before making backups :-) and of course wish I'd known all this in the first place...

As a result, I can seriously appreciate all the research that has gone into these tools.

The sleep of Reason produces monsters.