[game_preservation] Game Preservation Society

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 10:39:30 EST 2011

Joseph Redon has added a blog page for the Software Preservation Society,
which is using Kryoflux technology to preserve Japanese magnetic disk-based
games. The organization is now recognized in Japan as a non-profit
organization. Other team members include Takuya Fukuda and Tadashi
Kobayashi. When I showed him the Game Preservation SIG's white paper,
Joseph has told me that it is in many ways already too late in Japan: the
situation for Japanese game preservation is much worse than anywhere in the
world, as many games from the 70s and 80s are now completely lost, recorded
only as short blurbs in rare gaming magazines. The entire page is in
Japanese, but the work they are doing is internationally important.

http://www.gamepres.org/