[game_preservation] Should Wikipedia Be Responsible for Gaming's History?

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Thu Jan 20 08:09:32 EST 2011

I think we all remember the MUD-purge from wikipedia; a Wired article
has come up about this.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/01/wikipedia-gaming-history/

So old news but obviously good for discussion on this; and something to
point to as a citation for it happening (ho ho ho!). Of course there are
arguments both ways about what should/shouldn't be included; I'm just
glad Mobygames et al. are there to cover a wider margin of games (even
though what is deleted tends to be overzealous). In any case I need to
get back to posting up news links about game history stuff; although
I've not seen a great deal around to be honest.