[game_preservation] Preservation efforts on display...

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:33:59 EST 2011

Should mention a few things regarding preservation efforts on display -

The Midwest Gaming Classic is coming up in late March and besides the
different museum halls (one of which I run), we're adding Pinball Inc.
to the roster. For those not familiar, they're a large archiver of
the coin industry (pinball, EM, and video).

On display will be original pinball engineering drawings, schematic
drawings, engineer notes and artwork ranging from the 1940’s to the
late 1990’s. Also on display will be video game items like the never
seen by the public original Ms. Pac Man cabinet concept drawings,
original marquee artwork, engineering drawings and schematic drawings.
In addition there will be EM arcade artifacts, original pinball
prototype tooling, information about machines that were never produced
and many more items that will give a new insight to the manufacturing
process as it progressed from the early days to modern day
manufacturing.

Also Eugene Jarvis will be returning to speak along with a number of
luminaries from Midway, Williams, and the old Chicago coin-operated
industry.

Marty