[game_preservation] History of Videogames in an hour?

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 18:00:33 EDT 2011

Thanks Henry, I will check this out.

I like the idea of several thematic videos. I can see a history of games up
to the NES as probably being ok, but I think including the ESRB in there
might be good.

I think what might work is Ralph Baer/Brown Box, Arcades, Atari, Nintendo,
and hopefully ESRB. It looks like there are 20-minute episodes of Icons
about all of these, and there's a Ralph Baer documentary online. I can
entertain this as a possibility if there's no printed source. I figure cover
the history that is commonly cited, especially the bits from before the
students were born!

-Devin