[game_preservation] Oral History Project

O'Donnell, Dean M dodo at WPI.EDU
Fri May 6 17:30:23 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We've been quietly working on the Oral History Project for a few years over here. The website has just undergone a redesign and I thought I'd point it out.

http://alpheus.wpi.edu/imgd/oral-history/

I train a student team every year in interview techniques, along with Jason Scott (who has now moved to NYC and can't be a part of the process anymore). We're slowly but surely collecting interviews, but we have a number of limitations-first, the student workers are limited in how far they can travel by how far they can drive, and second, not every game developer or former game developer is interested in being interviewed.

And we're running out of Infocom alums. :)

I updated the wiki a couple of months back. The students work during the school year, so suggestions and comments for this upcoming year are welcome.

Thanks,
Dean

Dean O'Donnell
Teaching Professor
Interactive Media and Game Development Program
WPI