[game_preservation] Fwd: SW/TX PCA ACA Papers (was IGDA Newsletter Call for Papers)

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 4 12:26:41 EDT 2011

Both of these ideas are both cool AND kosher. Just one thing, be sure
to say something about the SIG and/or the IGDA, maybe the value of
attending our GDC round-table or something you got from the forum. If
there is nothing at all about the SIG in there, I'm not sure if IGDA
will feel compelled to publish what you write. It only makes sense.

Henry

On 11/3/2011 7:14 PM, Devin Monnens wrote:

> Let me add to this as well that the Southwest/Texas PCA/ACA is holding

> their conference February 8-11 in Albuquerque. I want to submit a

> paper on Hamurabi. The Albuquerque Science Museum has a working

> Spacewar on display, and I think it would be great if we could get

> some papers celebrating the 50th anniversary of the game, as well as

> do something special at the museum.

> http://swtxpca.org/

> So, if anyone is thinking of developing the papers or research

> presented in the newsletter to something much bigger, please consider

> it! I would love to get another panel going, this time on game history.

> -Devin Monnens

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Alex Handy <alex at themade.org

> <mailto:alex at themade.org>> wrote:

> I think I can write one about the opening of the MADE if that's

> kosher.

> On Nov 3, 2011 4:53 PM, "Henry Lowood" <lowood at stanford.edu

> <mailto:lowood at stanford.edu>> wrote:

> All, this is from Elizabeth Lameman, who is requesting

> articles from our group for the IGDA Perspectives publication.

> Henry

> __

> Hey there! Could you distribute this to the mailing list

> please? Thanks!!

> The IGDA Perspectives Newsletter is looking for content for its

> December issue Preservation.

> We are looking for pieces generally 500-2,000 words,

> preferably with a

> short third person bio and images attached separately. Topics may

> include but are not limited to:

> - Highlights of game preservation projects.

> - Game history.

> - Postmortems of recent games that revisit classic game design.

> Please send articles to Editor-in-Chief Elizabeth Lameman

> (elizabeth.lameman at gmail.com

> <mailto:elizabeth.lameman at gmail.com>) by Friday, November 18.

> --

> Elizabeth Lameman, Ph.D. (ABD) | http://www.elizabethlameman.com

> Aboriginal Territories in Cyberspace | http://www.abtec.org

> Simon Fraser University - Interactive Arts& Technology |

> http://siat.sfu.ca

> www.deserthat.com <http://www.deserthat.com>

Curator for History of Science& Technology Collections;
Film& Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries, Stanford CA 94305-6004