[game_preservation] Selecting and preserving video games, both text and context

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:01:28 EDT 2011

> With the new HDTV era quite often SDTV and HDTV output are both checked

> (including rendering in all possible HDTV resolutions), and displaying vital

> visual information that is say unreadable on SDTV or displaying information

> in the TV safe zone can be considered a QA failure.

They obviously did not do that for Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Tiny text is
completely unreadable on an SDTV, making the game absolutely unplayable.

Any information on what the standard TVs were? If testing a standard TV was
the case, then we would want to find out what TVs were tested by different
companies for different eras (or even different games) so we can test on the
developer's benchmark hardware.