[game_preservation] Preserving games with the help of Duplicator Info (DI)

Christian Bartsch | softpres.org cb at softpres.org
Mon Sep 5 05:26:20 EDT 2011

Dear all,

while extenting our efforts to C64 preservation as well, we found proof
that even the majority of the earlier titles must have been
professionally duplicated, too. Professional replicators often place
some additional information on every disk duped. This information
usually contains some kind of ID regarding the job, but quite often also
information in regard to place of protection, name of the script, drive
RPM etc.

This link contains some more information and some DIs for reference:
http://www.softpres.org/news:2011-09-03

Best,

--

Christian Bartsch