[game_preservation] Release date of the Odyssey?

Andreas Lange lange at computerspielemuseum.de
Tue Aug 7 12:25:06 EDT 2012

Dear Devin,
because we recently celebrated the Odyssey anniversary allready
(http://www.computerspielemuseum.de/1247_CSM_Insider_Talk.htm?nId=27) I
asked Ralph for the exact release date. He answers me "The Odyssey was
shown to the trade in multiple locations in May of 1972, one of which I
attended in a restaurant in Central Park in New York (It's all in my
book)." The first release/ selling day he couldn't remember resp. I
assume that back then these kind of dates weren't tracked that well like
today specially for computer games.
btw: On that occasion we have uploaded the whole video, in which the
well known Brown Box demonstration is only one part of (in the middle)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrhbp-syh8&list=UUPY0C1H0jhPFmA1ryHpjIUQ&feature=plcp).
Interestingly everything is recorded only in 1973, which means that the
Brown Box demonstration was kind of retrospective.

Andreas