[game_preservation] Release date of the Odyssey?

Frank Cifaldi fcifaldi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:06:24 EDT 2012

I don't think Ralph's got much left to give after the book, all of his
notes on the Odyssey seem to be in there in some form. I don't know him
personally though, anyone who does want to chime in?

>>> http://www.magnavox-odyssey.com/Advertising.htm

>>> Either that, or from one of the earlier game history books. Electronic

>>> Design suggests that the system was coming out after August, but the others

>>> suggest it is available at the date of publication. (Sadly, the 1973

>>> Consumer Reports article is missing the very beginning!).

>>> I think the surefire way to tell would be to locate ads and sales flyers

>>> from the period. If it's available for sale, it's advertised. However, I

>>> http://www.wishbookweb.com/1972_Sears_Christmas/index.htm

>>> http://www.wishbookweb.com/1975_Sears%20C%20Web/images/SearsC1975_Page410.jpg

>>> http://www.wishbookweb.com/1975_Sears%20C%20Web/pages/SearsC1975_Page537.htm