[game_preservation] Release date of the Odyssey?

Brian Taylor taylorbri at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:14:04 EDT 2012

Gonna jump in, because it's a slow afternoon at the office.

Found stuff in:

Wall Street Journal, "All-Electronic Game Hooked to TV Set Slated by
Magnavox", May 11, 1972.

Washington Post, "Games for TV -- a New Concept", June 25, 1972 & an
ad from September 19, 1972 - half the page or so dedicated to the
Odyssey ("$99.95, pay $10 monthly").

LA Times - a half-page ad for Ken Crane's Magnavox City ("The Largest
Display of Magnavox in the West") that is mostly TV and audio
equipment, but there's a small box that says "See the Odyssey game at
our booth - LA County Fair."

Oh, by the way, hi.

--b

Brian Taylor