[game_preservation] MoMA Game Collection

Helen Stuckey helen.stuckey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:16:06 EST 2012

Hi Alex,

I would also be interested to hear more about their strategies for
exhibiting the games. MOMA has offered one of the
clearest statements about the challenges of creating
meaningful relationships with these works for audiences in the gallery and
have obviously had some success in working with developers to produced
exhibition friendly versions and/or other materials for display. This
produces artefacts that may be distinct from those of 'preserving
the original work' but important to the museums curatorial narratives.

Also can you ask why it sits in the Architecture and Design collection when
MOMA have a Media and Performance Collection? Is this philosophical or is
their an individual driving the collection who is located in Architecture
and Design?

many thanks
Helen