[game_preservation] Listening to chiptunes in your web browser

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Mon Jul 16 02:45:03 EDT 2012

I think my gmae music project will be of interest to game preservationists:

Game Music Appreciation
http://gamemusic.multimedia.cx/

It's simple: Listen to old chiptunes directly in your web browser.
Traditionally, it has been necessary to install separate programs to
play various types of chiptunes. But I'm trying to create a web-based
player that can handle a broad variety and also make it simple for more
web users to experience them.

Right now, the site only catalogs NES, SNES, Game Boy, Nintendo DS,
Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast songs. But many more systems and song
catalogs are planned.

--
-Mike Melanson