[game_preservation] Reminder: Roundtable is Weds. at 3.30pm

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Sun Mar 4 21:28:16 EST 2012

Just a quick reminder about our SIG roundtable at GDC. Weds., 3.30pm in
the IGDA meeting room. I will have my laptop and will try to send out
video via Google+ hangouts. Friend me in Google+ and I'll put you in an
IGDA group. I'll send out invitations that way. Assuming anyone wants
to video conference into the sesssion.

Anyway, here's the info:

*SPEAKER/S:*Henry Lowood ()
<http://schedule.gdconf.com/speaker/Henry-Lowood>
*DAY / TIME / LOCATION:*Wednesday 3:30- 4:30 Room 112, North Hall
*TRACK / DURATION / FORMAT / AUDIENCE LEVEL:*Advocacy / 60-Minute /
Roundtable / All
*GDC VAULT RECORDING:*No Vault Recording

The Game Preservation SIG will recap discussions and projects of the
last year, including the improvement of the SIG wiki and blog, the
memorial pages project, follow-ons to the White Paper, reviving the
Digital Game Canon, the Preserving Virtual Worlds II project, and
initiatives brought by members and participants, e.g., developers, game
collectors, journalists, and institutions such as Stanford University,
the MADE, the Strong Museum of Play and the National Videogame Archive
in the UK. Attendees should be prepared to discuss their own projects
and ideas.

*TAKEAWAY:*Take away knowledge about practices that will help you
preserve your own game materials, manage your collection of games or
game artifacts, or work on the creation of an exhibit or museum/ library
collection.
*INTENDED AUDIENCE:*Anyone involved in game design, production, asset or
software management, or marketing, as well as collectors, archivists,
museum curators and anybody else interested in game history.
*ELIGIBLE PASSES:*All Access Pass
<http://www.gdconf.com/attend/passes.html#34133>, Main Conference Pass
<http://www.gdconf.com/attend/passes.html#34134>

Curator, History of Science& Technology Collections;
Film& Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
650-723-4602; lowood at stanford.edu
http://www.stanford.edu/~lowood