[game_preservation] More games pulled from virtual console

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Nov 19 15:56:55 EST 2012

On 11/19/2012 2:42 PM, Devin Monnens wrote:

> Yeah, I've read the Technologizer article. The trouble with it is that

> piracy does not equal preservation.

I agree, but I will gladly accept a defaced, buggy, badly-cracked game
over a near-perfect preservation effort that was never carried out due
to lack of access to the materials.

Obviously none of us on this list feel that pirated games by themselves
are sufficient for preservation. I don't feel the previously referenced
article was damaging; it is a call to arms for people who can at least
pirate things, which is better than nothing.