[game_preservation] Fwd: [Media] Article

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:48:50 EST 2013

Yup! Largely US, although it had to have had some impact on console games
in Europe, Canada, and Japan. However, I don't think Atari's home console
impact was that big in Japan anyway. And then of course the arcade market
was different. Atari coin-op was still profitable when the company was
split up and sold.

I think a large part of this comes from the fact that the only major book
on game history we've had for about 10 years was Steve Kent's Ultimate
History of Videogames, which just covered US console and arcade (with some
Japan). Replay is great because it covers the whole world, or at least most
of the major markets.