[game_preservation] 1974 Atari memo by Jobs

Alex Handy alex at themade.org
Wed Feb 13 11:49:54 EST 2013

Isn't that fictional design company what he used to get paid for
Breakout? Woz actually refined the chipset for Breakout, but Jobs took
all the money for the project. He's the classic non-programming
startup guy. Frankly, I think Jobs' lack of technical expertise is
what drove him to be so obsessive: he wanted to work as hard as the
engineers he worked with, but he couldn't program, so instead, he
worked hard by working them hard.

>>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57442500-37/steve-jobs-1974-memo-to-atari-to-be-auctioned/

>>> This is old news, but I thought some folks here would have been aware of

>>> it. The memo sold for $27k - quite a lot for five sheets of paper.

>>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57454271-235/steve-jobs-atari-memo-sells-for-$27500/

>>> www.deserthat.com

>>> The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

>>> game_preservation mailing list

>>> game_preservation at igda.org

>> --

>> Marty

> www.deserthat.com

> Freelance Writer / Editor in Chief VC&G

> http://www.benjedwards.com

> http://www.vintagecomputing.com

Alex Handy
Founder/Director
The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment
610 16th St.
Suite 230
Oakland, CA 94612
Dial #0230 to be buzzed in