[game_preservation] 1974 Atari memo by Jobs

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 11:51:38 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Benj Edwards
<editor at vintagecomputing.com>wrote:

> I think the biggest thing it speaks to was Jobs' hubris and immaturity at

> the time. He put "Steve Jobs / All-One Design" on the title page of the

> memo. He was a regular employee of Atari, if I'm not mistaken, but he

> pretended he was doing contract work on behalf of his own fictional design

> company.

Yes, he was a regular employee. He most likely did that but it was a common
thing among some of the actual engineers at the time, most notably the
engineer he was assigned to for a lot of the late night shifts - Harold
Lee. Though in Harold's case, it was because he actually quit Atari and
came back as a consultant to do the Home PONG chip.

> By the way, I think I found a complete PDF of the memo set here:

> http://www.atarigames.com/pdffiles/stevejobs.pdf

> I can guess who sold it, but I suppose I won't say.

LOL.

--
Marty