[game_preservation] Ebay auction

Christian Bartsch | softpres.org cb at softpres.org
Sat Feb 16 04:09:45 EST 2013

I agree with "as important", but don't see how it could be more important. Speaking of other media, like films, I am glad I now finally have a nearly complete restoration of Metropolis to watch. I agree that documents are nice, but how could a, even very precise, description make up for the excitement when watching the movie? The same would apply for paintings or recordings... I want to experience the original.

I think some just use it as an excuse to focus on e.g. printed materials, which are much easier to preserve (e.g. by scanning them). Imaging disks is more complicated, agreed, but can be done.

Would I want to play some ancient game from a hundred years ago instead of reading about it? Absolutely!

--
Christian Bartsch
The Software Preservation Society