[game_preservation] game conservation at MoMA

Melanie Swalwell melanie.swalwell at flinders.edu.au
Tue Jan 15 19:34:43 EST 2013

Hi Kristin,

The Australian/New Zealand 'Play It Again' project is working with the Australian Centre for the Moving Image and the New Zealand Film Archive to research local 1980s digital games history, acquire and preserve titles and make them playable again, in a browser. I posted about our project on the list some time ago - probably Nov/Dec 2011. We began in earnest in July 2012. I'd be happy to send you our Project Description off list if this is useful.

You can follow our progress on our blog: http://blogs.flinders.edu.au/play-it-again/ and receive updates via social media, if you wish:

Follow us on Twitter: @AgainPlay

Like Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/playitagainproject

Cheers,

Melanie

--
Melanie Swalwell
Associate Professor, Screen and Media,

Ph: +61 8 8201 2619
278 Humanities Bldg
www.flinders.edu.au<http://www.flinders.edu.au/>
http://www.flinders.edu.au/people/melanie.swalwell

Play It Again blog: http://blogs.flinders.edu.au/play-it-again/
Australasian Heritage Software Database: www.ourdigitalheritage.org<http://www.ourdigitalheritage.org/>

CRICOS Provider: 00114A
This email and any attachments may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.