[game_preservation] Value in archive website?

Mceniry, Matthew Matthew.mceniry at ttu.edu
Wed May 29 14:22:56 EDT 2013

In addition to all of this you could reach out to the YouTube/streaming community to see if you could obtain some "digital record" of how games are played. Copyright issues there are more tricky, since publishers and developers see these as a marketing tool rather than a breach of ToS. I do not know how they would react should you keep an archival copy, though it might be okay if you provided a link back to the source instead of uploading original material. The user contributed feature would also require a lot of moderation since there's definitely a ton of emotion surrounding games and being objective in nature might come difficult to some contributors. It is certainly a titanic undertaking, but also is something that would make a great addition to what MobyGames has become, especially as you're marketing this toward a more academic spectrum. I'd be interested in staying in the loop on your future developments.

Matt McEniry