[game_preservation] Blog about Video Capture project

Dyson, Jon-Paul jpdyson at thestrong.org
Tue Sep 10 12:57:36 EDT 2013

Andreas,

The project is still in process so I'm not in a position to share final numbers or specific breakdowns by system/material type but so far of the more than 7800 pre-2005 games we've tested there has been an initial failure rate of around 2.75%. That reflects some degree of remediation (e.g. cleaning and retesting) but not extensive work on games to see if we can make them work.

Henry might have some numbers to share from his new imaging project. Henry do you have numbers?

JP