[game_preservation] Blog about Video Capture project

Christian Bartsch | softpres.org cb at softpres.org
Tue Sep 10 13:30:21 EDT 2013

Adressing the problem of copy protection here... has there been
analysation been performed to check if

a) a protection is present
b) if yes, has the protection itself been verified

?

Many protections use recording scheme violations, some disguise as plain
system ("DOS") disks and the clever ones fail later in gameplay (and not
right at the start).

Have these 7800 games been properly imaged (=creation of digital
containers for long term preservation), or have these just been loaded
and played on the original systems?

--Chris

Christian Bartsch
The Software Preservation Society