[game_preservation] List of libraries/archives that take donations?

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:18:05 EDT 2014

Yeah, Child's Play would be a good place to coordinate with on that one,
once all the other materials are distributed. Another thing might be to
look at after school programs, daycares, etc. in the area that could
benefit from these, but wouldn't Child's Play have a good network of them
as well?

Out of curiosity, is this just software, or are there dev materials,
advertising, etc. in there as well?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Frank Cifaldi <fcifaldi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh good call, I guess that's question #2: if I end up having a huge excess

> of stuff I don't know what to do with, where should it go? That sounds like

> the best candidate so far, since these games are mostly useless as

> donations to actually PLAY with (in hospitals, etc.) since they're two

> generations ago.

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Devin Monnens <dmonnens at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Try seeing what the Learning Games Institute could use as well. They will

>> actually ship games and materials out to scholars who need them.

>> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Dyson, Jon-Paul <

>> jpdyson at museumofplay.org> wrote:

>>> Frank,

>>> You might want to check with some of the university-based libraries like

>>> SUNY Stonybrook, NYU Game Center, and University of Illinois - I'm sure

>>> there are others as well.

>>> JP

>>> donations?

>>> Yes, I'm aware of The MADE and Stanford, I'm asking the group if there

>>> might be institutions and archives and universities I might not have

>>> thought of that I should send some of these to. My plan right now is to

>>> inventory and try to get one of everything to the places that need them. I

>>> doubt either of you need 200 copies of Shellshock: Nam '67 or Project

>>> Snowblind.

>>> wrote:

>>> Hey group,

>>> This is probably one of those things that we should be formally putting

>>> together anyway but, for now, does anyone want to help put together a list

>>> of places that could use software, mainly for PC, PS2 and Xbox? I have a

>>> U-Haul's worth of software from Eidos from around that era (and slightly

>>> before on PC) that I saved from being dumped, I want to make sure it all

>>> goes to the right homes.

>>> game_preservation mailing list

>>> game_preservation at igda.org

>>> --

>>> Alex Handy

>>> Founder/Director

>>> The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment

>>> 610 16th St.

>>> Suite 230

>>> Oakland, CA 94612

>>> Dial #0230 to be buzzed in