[game_preservation] List of libraries/archives that take donations?

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 31 18:13:36 EDT 2014

Frank,
My suggestion would be to find an easy way to do this without
re-inventing the wheel. One thought: There are a small number of media
vendors (jobbers) who supply to libraries. These vendors have or can
produce lists of who buys software from them. Whether they would share
that information? I don't know.
I can supply the name of our primary vendor off-line with contact
information, but I would want to ask first if it's ok with them.
Let me know if you want me to do that.
Best,
Henry

On 3/31/2014 12:34 PM, Frank Cifaldi wrote:

> Yes, I'm aware of The MADE and Stanford, I'm asking the group if there

> might be institutions and archives and universities I might not have

> thought of that I should send some of these to. My plan right now is

> to inventory and try to get one of everything to the places that need

> them. I doubt either of you need 200 copies of Shellshock: Nam '67 or

> Project Snowblind.

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Alex Handy <alex at themade.org

> <mailto:alex at themade.org>> wrote:

> Frank, bring it to the MADE and we'll take whatever's left to Henry.

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Frank Cifaldi

> <fcifaldi at gmail.com <mailto:fcifaldi at gmail.com>> wrote:

> Hey group,

> This is probably one of those things that we should be

> formally putting together anyway but, for now, does anyone

> want to help put together a list of places that could use

> software, mainly for PC, PS2 and Xbox? I have a U-Haul's worth

> of software from Eidos from around that era (and slightly

> before on PC) that I saved from being dumped, I want to make

> sure it all goes to the right homes.

> Alex Handy

> Founder/Director

> The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment

> 610 16th St.

> Suite 230

> Oakland, CA 94612

> Dial #0230 to be buzzed in

> http://www.themade.org

> 510-282-4840 <tel:510-282-4840> (Me)

> 510-210-0291 <tel:510-210-0291> (The MADE)

> 410-2-31337-2 <tel:410-2-31337-2> (mobile)

Curator, History of Science & Technology Collections;
Film & Media Collections
HSSG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries, Stanford CA 94305-6004
650-723-4602; lowood at stanford.edu
http://www.stanford.edu/~lowood