[game_preservation] Spacewar Questionnaire

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Sun May 11 15:19:51 EDT 2014

Marty, Devin -
I played it probably in the mid-to-late 1970s either at UCLA or UCB, but
that's about all I remember about the context. Is it at all useful for
you guys if I fill out the form with minimal information?
Henry

On 5/10/2014 3:07 PM, Martin Goldberg wrote:

> Heya all, Devin Monnens and I are working on a paper regarding

> /Spacewar!/ to be presented at a conference this summer. It's

> basically tracking the distribution and rate of spreading of

> /Spacewar!/ across mini-computer platforms during the 60s and 70s.

> As a final part of the research process, we're reaching out to

> everyone in hopes of increasing the sample amount by finding people

> that played or coded versions of the game in the 60s and 70s. If that

> fits you, please take a few minutes to fill out this questionnaire.

> It'll help us a lot! Also, please feel free to distribute this to

> wherever else you think might reach the relevant people.

> http://ataribook.com/book/spacewar-questionnaire/

> --

> Marty

Curator, History of Science & Technology Collections;
Film & Media Collections
HSSG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries, Stanford CA 94305-6004
650-723-4602; lowood at stanford.edu
http://www.stanford.edu/~lowood