[game_preservation] Preserving the "toys to life" genre

Matthew Barr Matthew.Barr at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 14:52:55 EST 2016

Hi folks,

One of my Masters students is doing her dissertation on the specific challenges associated with preserving the "toys to life" genre (LEGO Dimensions, Disney Infinity, amiibo, etc.) and I wondered if there was any work going on in this area I could point her towards. Of course, all of the usual issues are relevant, but the physical nature of the toys seems to add an additional dimension (pun intended). Perhaps there has been work done on preserving plastic toys, or similar?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks,

Matt

Humanities Advanced Technology and Information Institute
Email: Matthew.Barr at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:Matthew.Barr at glasgow.ac.uk>
Tel: +44 (0)141 330 2854
Twitter: @hatii_matt | @PS_Journal
Skype: matthew_barr