[JakeShows] CD release parties, solo show in North Providence, special Killdevils show at Nick-a-Nees

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Thu Nov 12 13:24:10 EST 2009

Next week is the CD release parties! I've put together some
information below about who's playing at which, etc.

Saturday November 14 -- SOLO SHOW
--------------------
WHERE: Ruffstone Tavern, 17 Metcalf Ave, North Providence, RI 02911
WHEN: 9 pm to midnight

Excellent East Bay singer-songwriter Allysen Callery was asked to
start up a songwriter's night at this North Providence bar (which
draws both locals and students from nearby RIC), and this will be the
second such night. Also playing will be Kim Lamothe and Chris Moon,
who are also excellent musicians and performers.

Tuesday November 17 -- **PROVIDENCE CD RELEASE PARTY WITH JON
CAMPBELL, HANNAH DEVINE, AND THE KILLDEVILS!**
-------------------
WHERE: Everyman Bistro, 555 Valley Street, Providence, RI 02908
WHEN: 8 pm-11 pm

Come celebrate the release of my first professionally-done CD,
'Mistaken Identity'! There will be half-priced appetizers and a beer
special and perhaps some other surprises. Helping me to celebrate are
the following excellent musicians:

* Jon Campbell <http://www.jcampbellwampum.com/>: A nationally known
maritime singer, songwriter, and artist who you might have seen play
at the Empire Revue from time to time. His new CD, 'Yup, I Said That'
will also be for sale.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__rTz2fQq-A> -- Jon sings his song
'One Clam Cake

* Hannah Devine <http://www.myspace.com/devineinlove>: The winner of
Rhode Island in 2008, Hannah will be playing with her band, composed
of Matt McLaren on drums and Alec K. Redfearn on bass.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SQdRwL6DI> -- Hannah sings one of
her songs

* The Killdevils <http://killdevils.com/>: This electric blues/soul/
rock & roll band has as its members me, Chris Monti, Jeff Keithline,
and Matt McLaren. Here we are singing an old gospel tune:

<http://killdevils.com/demo/2009Feb28-NickANees-electric/01-JesusOnTheMainline.mp3

I'm planning to have a blast; come on out and have one too!

Thursday November 19 -- ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW W/SPECIAL GUESTS JACK
HANLON AND CHRIS TURNER
--------------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm to midnight

With our usual bass player Jeff Keithline unfortunately unavailable,
we took the opportunity to ask Jack Hanlon of the Amazing Crowns to
sit in on bass, and harmonica wizard Chris Turner will also be joining
us for much of the night. Expect a night of rockabilly and blues!

Saturday November 21 -- **MASSACHUSETTS CD RELEASE PARTY WITH KATE
KATZBERG, ANNE'S CORDIAL, AND THE SUPERCHIEF TRIO!**
--------------------
WHERE: Pioneer Brewing Company at Hyland Orchard, 199 Arnold Road,
Sturbridge, MA 01518
WHEN: 6-10 pm

An early evening show with excellent locally-produced beer. There'll
be a potluck, so if you haven't had dinner bring something to share
and there should be some tasty food to eat ... (I plan to bring some
bread, a pizza or two, and perhaps a homemade pie if there's time.)

I asked some talented friends to help me celebrate and they agreed to
help out, so I'm pleased to be sharing the stage with:

* Kate Katzberg <http://www.myspace.com/katekatzberg>: A fixture of
the local folk scene (she helped found Stone Soup in Pawtucket),
Kate's a great singer with an excellent stage presence. Here's a
video of her leading a collection of Rhode Island musicians in an
impromptu version of 'Hound Dog, Bay at the Moon':

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpuA7jax5SY>

* Anne's Cordial <http://www.annescordial.com/>: A folk/jazz trio
featuring great vocal harmonies, Anne's Cordial is composed of
guitarist Natalie Markward, keyboardist Eva Kendrick, folk harp player
Reed Ferenbaugh, and drummer Joe Auger. They perform original and
cover songs. Here's a video of them singing the Sonny Boy Williamson
song 'Help Me':

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFPJU7D9jlg>

* The Superchief Trio featuring Tom Ferraro <http://www.superchieftrio.com/
>: A great New Orleans/swing/dance band from Providence composed of
singer/pianist Keith Munslow, singer/trombonist Pam Murray, drummer
John Cote, and for the night guitarist Tom Ferraro. Here they are
performing an original song at the Empire Revue, 'Hey Little Runner':

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VefbrWCi2G8>

It's going to be a great night, so I hope you can make it!

Wednesday November 25 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
WHERE: Two Jerks Pub and Grill, 446 Waterman Avenue, East Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm to midnight

Chris and Jake return to do an acoustic show at Two Jerks the day
before Thanksgiving. Come on down, have a hamburger and a drink, and
prepare yourself mentally and physically for Thursday's onslaught of
turkey!

So long,