[JakeShows] Afro-pop show Thursday, solo show with Hannah Devine next week, Stone Soup fundraiser May 1, Empire Revue May 2

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Apr 19 10:04:37 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was pretty relaxing.

Voting for the Providence Phoenix and Motif Magazine polls is still
open: <http://community.livejournal.com/jwgh_music/4572.html> so if
you haven't voted yet you can still do so. (The Phoenix poll lets you
vote once a day.)

I've also uploaded a new free mp3 (as I do every week): <http://music.jwgh.org/freemp3.html
> And this week there's also a contest, which I don't do every
week. Email me your guess as to the theme my song 'Circumstantial
Evidence' was based on and I'll pick a winner Wednesday morning! More
information on the free mp3 page.

I should also mention that I'm hosting the Everyman Bistro open mike
in Providence again tonight. The featured act will be Millee Tibbs,
who I did a show with last summer and whose music I really enjoyed.
Next week the featured act will be local legend Mark Cutler. You can
see what else is planned at <http://music.jwgh.org/openmike.html>.

On to the upcoming shows!

Thursday April 22 -- DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND SHOW
-----------------
WHERE: Machines With Magnets, 400 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
WHEN: 7 pm
FACEBOOK EVENT: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114427385235154>

The Double Decker Dance Band shares the bill with denimvenom and Vialka.

Wednesday April 28 -- SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHERE: The Speakeasy @ Local 121, 121 Washington Street (downstairs),
Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: 8 pm
COVER: $6
FACEBOOK EVENT: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106012402762221>

I'll be opening for the Hannah Devine Band (Matt McLaren on drums,
Alec K. Redfearn on bass) at this nifty listening room.

I like Hannah's music a lot, which is the reason I asked her to play
at my Providence CD release party last year and asked if I could play
this show with her this month. It might not be politic to say it, but
of all the solo shows I've had going on the last few months, this is
the one I've been looking forward to the most.

Hannah won Rhode Island Idol in 2008 and is one of my competitors for
Best Acoustic Singer/Songwriter in the Phoenix awards, so if you
haven't heard her before this is a good opportunity to check us both
out and decide which of us should win. ;-)

Saturday May 1 -- SOLO SHOW (STONE SOUP FUNDRAISER)
--------------
WHERE: Stone Soup at St. Paul's Church, 50 Park Place, Pawtucket, RI
WHEN: 8 pm
COVER: $20

Stone Soup is a great local organization that books national and local
folk acts. I've seen a lot of excellent shows there, and Chris Monti
and I once opened for Geoff Muldaur at Stone Soup, which was quite a
thrill.

This show is a fundraiser for Stone Soup as they celebrate their 29th
year in Rhode Island. There will be light refreshments. I'll be
sharing the stage with Triple Spiral, Anne's Cordial, Chris Monti, and
possibly other acts. Come check it out!

Sunday May 2 -- THE EMPIRE REVUE
------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8 pm to 10 pm
COVER: $8

The Empire Revue is a cabaret/variety show which is held on the first
Sunday of every month. It's always a good time, and I hope you can
make it!

And that about covers it for the next few weeks. As always, you can
see what I've got booked at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob-Haller/43616244152
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh