[JakeShows] Solo show in Warwick tomorrow, Running Commentary show Saturday

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Dec 6 17:52:58 EST 2010

Hi all,

I've put another new song up at <http://music.jwgh.org/freemp3.html>. This one is 'Just You', an attempt at a Fats Waller-type song. Let me know what you think! (I'm also leaving 'The Ballad of Anne Hutchinson up for another week in case anyone hasn't heard it yet.)

The year's winding down and this week sees my last solo show of 2010 and also my last show with the Running Commentary this year. I have big hopes & plans for 2011, though, so stay tuned!

Here's what's coming up for the rest of December:

Tuesday December 7 - SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: On the Dock Grill, 50 Waterfront Drive, Warwick, RI 02889
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167770099930306>

I'll be the featured act at an open mike run by Joanne Lurgio. On The Dock Grill is a nice little bar by the bay in Warwick. There's a kitchen and weekly specials, so you can have dinner there if you want -- I believe I had a burger there that was pretty good. Joanne will pass the hat for me at some point.

Sunday December 12 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
------------------
WHEN: 4-7 pm
WHERE: The Waterstreet Café, 36 Water Street, Fall River, MA 02721
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=169310823100583>

This is a holiday benefit show for the Faxon Animal Shelter: <http://www.animalrescueleaguefr.org/index.php> organized by Daniel Ouellette. I will be performing with the Running Commentary and will also be part of a backup band for Daniel's tribute to the music of Marlene Dietrich.

Daniel says:

> The event begins with the incredible Jacob Haller and his band the Running Commentary who are made up of the amazing Natalie Markward and the fabulous Joseph Auger.

> After their set, Cheryl Castonguay, Natalie and I will take the stage to perform some classic songs made famous by Marlene Dietrich... Then we will do a set of our orignals with the marvelous Jamie Silva on bass guitar... Then we will be joined by Jacob and Joe for another set of songs made classic by Marlene Dietrich.

> The night ends with the raffle.

> Please come if you can even if you don´t stay, perhaps a donation to help care for the animals would make a nice Christmas gift.

This is literally a one-of-a-kind event and I am looking for a strange and fun afternoon's entertainment. I hope you can come be a part of it!

Saturday December 18 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
WHEN: 3-6 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162898483748307>

The Sentimental Favorites' Holiday Extravaganza: "The Sentimental Favorites - Sonny Roelle and Geoff Griffin - host the Double Decker Dance Band for a secular sugary all-ages party. Bring-one-take-one gift swap, fried dough with sugar and red sauce, candy, coloring, board games and more. And AS220 Foo(d) will be open." This is always a fun event and there is no cover charge so I recommend checking it out!

There will also be a Double Decker show the same evening in New Bedford at the No Problemo Tacqueria but I don't have all of the details yet -- I should have them for next week's mailing though.

Have a great December!

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh