[JakeShows] Happy new year! (almost.) Empire Revue on Sunday, plus other January shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Thu Dec 30 18:48:21 EST 2010

The year's winding down, so I put together a couple of blog posts about my favorite shows of the year: <http://community.livejournal.com/jwgh_music/8227.html> <http://community.livejournal.com/jwgh_music/8491.html> Thanks to everyone who's come to a show, bought a CD, shared my music with friends, or helped out on an out-of-state trip. I really appreciate it.

Got some fun things going on in January, including a return to the Raven in Worcester and the annual Fiddlers & Fishermen show in Portsmouth, RI. Here's the rundown:

Sunday January 2 -- EMPIRE REVUE
----------------
WHEN: 8-10 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117936264943150>
COVER: $8

I'm happy to be back at the Empire Revue cabaret show, where if all goes as planned I'll be doing an original song backed by the excellent Superchief Trio. There will also be comedy, burlesque, more music, and who knows what else. It's always a fun time -- hope you can make it!

Friday January 14 -- SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND ANNIVERSARY SHOW
-----------------
WHEN: 8:30 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160541977325144>
COVER: $10

The following musicians celebrate the 7th anniversary of SitR: Ryan Fitzsimmons, Dean Petrella, GW Mercure, Joanne Lurgio, Marc Douglas Berardo, Greg Lato, Jan Luby, Wyatt Lema, Chris Boyd, Jacob Haller, Lara Herscovitch, Frank Martyn, Jim Tata, Chuck Williams, Louis Leeman. Each musician will play three songs. This show will also function as a membership drive -- anyone wanting to join RISA can do so for $20 at this show (five dollars less than the usual fee).

Wednesday January 19 -- JACOB HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
--------------------
WHEN: 9:30 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=156572571057116>
COVER: $6

My first show of the new year playing with Natalie and Joe. They keep finding subtle ways to improve the songs already in our repertoire, and I've written a few new songs to throw at 'em. It's really exciting, and I hope you can come out!

Friday January 21 -- JACOB HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
-----------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: The Raven, 258 Pleasant Street, Worcester, MA 01609
COVER: $5

I haven't heard yet who else is on the bill but I'm guessing we'll be on early in the night. I'll send more information when I've got it -- in the meantime, if you've got friends in central Massachusetts who you think would enjoy our music, please let 'em know about the show!

Saturday January 22 -- FIDDLERS & FISHERMEN
WHEN: 6:30 pm
WHERE: Common Fence Point Community Hall, 933 Anthony Road, Portsmouth, RI <http://www.commonfencemusic.org/directions.html>
COVER: $12 - sold out, but I have some extra tickets

Playing a couple of songs in the annual fundraiser for Common Fence Music. You can bring your own food and drink, or you can get some homemade chowder and chili at the kitchen there. Tickets are sold out, but I have a few extra -- let me know if you want one.

And that gets me through January. I'm planning more exciting things for February, March, and beyond (new venues, a tour of the East Cost with Chris Monti, the Running Commentary's TV debut, ...) -- see <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html> to see the full list of things I've got scheduled currently.

I look forward to seeing you in the new year!

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh