[JakeShows] In NYC tomorrow, TV party Monday, Killdevils at Nick-a-Nees with Marty Ballou Thursday, acoustic Killdevils in North Kingstown Friday

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Feb 19 11:16:55 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm doing some last-minute errands and packing before heading down to
Manhattan for the show tomorrow, but there are a few things I wanted
to let you know about before I take off.

First, there's the Alphabet Lounge show tomorrow. If you know anyone
down NYC way who you think would enjoy the show, please consider
letting them know about it -- I really appreciate it! I plan to give
someone a bottle of coffee syrup.

Second, this morning I learned that Marty Ballou has agreed to play
with the Killdevils on Thursday at Nick-a-Nees. Marty's a great
musician and I've been a big admirer of his since I used to go
downtown every Wednesday night to see him, Chris Turner, and Thom
Enright perform as 'The Last Minute Blues Band', a group that I miss a
lot. Finding out that Marty is going to play with us was a great way
to start the day!

Third (this is not in chronological order), one of my favorite local
restaurants, the Liberty Elm, is being featured on the 'Diners, Drive-
Ins and Dives' show on the Food Network on Monday at 10 pm. The
L.E.'s owner, Kip, has decided to organize a party and has asked
CMonti and I to play a short set to kick off the night. (Mark Cutler
and Lucky 57 will also be playing.) The party will be at Everyman
Bistro -- see below for details -- and it should be a lot of fun.

Fourth, I wrote a song named 'The Scheduling Song' for last Sunday's
'Songwriters in the Round' and put it up as the free mp3 of the week,
so if you want you can download it or listen to it this weekend on
this page: <http://music.jwgh.org/freemp3.html>

I think those are the high points, but you can see what else is going
on through March 1st below (and you can always see all of the shows
I've currently got planned at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>). See
you around!

Saturday February 20 -- NYC SOLO SHOW
--------------------
WHERE: The Alphabet Lounge, 104 Ave. C, New York, NY 10009 (in the
East Village)
WHEN: Saturday, February 20 starting 6:45 pm
COVER: $10
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=257206598340>

I will play roughly from 6:45 to 7:45 (it sounds like it will start
pretty promptly) and will be followed by a couple of other acts, Oryan
and Brett Fuentes, after which there will be a DJ. I put together a
press release which is at <http://community.livejournal.com/jwgh_music/1100.html

You can hear samples of music from my CD on iTunes: <http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mistaken-identity/id342725256
more about it than you probably really care to on my website at <http://music.jwgh.org/cd.html
>.

Monday February 22 -- 'DINERS, DRIVE-INS, AND DIVES' VIEWING PARTY
------------------
WHERE: Everyman, 555 Valley Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8:30 pm

Chris Monti and I kick things off at 8:30 with a short set to be
followed by Lucky 57 and Mark Cutler. The show itself will be on at
10 pm, and afterward there will be more live music.

Thursday February 25 -- ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW W/SPECIAL GUEST MARTY
BALLOU
--------------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm to midnight

Another free electric show at Nick-a-Nees (75 South Street in
Providence) with me, Chris Monti, Matt McLaren, and special guest
bassist Marty Ballou. Have a meatball sandwich and enjoy the show!

Friday February 26 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
------------------
WHERE: The Oak Hill Tavern, 565 Tower Hill Road, N. Kingstown, RI 02852
WHEN: 9 pm - 12:30 am

Chris Monti and I playing more music than you can shake a stick at.

Monday March 1 -- OPEN MIKE HOST
--------------
WHERE: Everyman, 555 Valley Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9:30 pm

This free open mike is normally run by John Windle, but he's taking a
couple of weeks off and has asked me to host this week. I'll do a
couple of songs to start off the night, then the open mike will start;
the featured act, Chris Monti and Joseph Paye (they'll perform afro-
pop and other music) will go on around 10:15 pm or so.

Signup starts around 8:30 pm and the open mike will start at 9:30 pm.

The food at the restaurant is quite tasty, so you may want to arrive a
little early for dinner. The menu's at <http://www.everymanri.com/complmenu.pdf
>, but also ask about their specials!

This will be a 'pass the hat' show.

So long,