[JakeShows] Acoustic Killdevils at Nick-a-Nees Thursday, a pair of breakfast shows, and afro-beat

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sat May 29 00:39:06 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Been a little while since I sent an update! I just turned 38 and I've decided that to celebrate I'll make ringtones available based on some of my songs. You can get the details (and the ringtones) here: <http://music.jwgh.org/ringtones/>

My open mike has been continuing strong with lots of great music. I've put a sampling of videos I've taken during the open mike at <http://community.livejournal.com/jwgh_music/6290.html> for those who are interested.

And as I noted in my last note I recently performed live on the radio. An archive of the show can be found here: <http://www.bsrlive.com/archives/playlist.php?p=13032>

Saturday May 29 - THE BIG 5 (AFRICANS ON VACATION)
---------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9:30 pm to 12:30 am

A free show at the best bar in town. I am not actually performing in it (probably -- things are still a bit up in the air and it's possible the Killdevils will fill in here and there as needed) but this is going to be a great show and I wanted to help spread the word. Chris knows more about the show than I do and writes:

> A group of five African musicians, friends of Joe Paye from Sierra Leone and Liberia, are on vacation in Providence between U.S. and European tours. We've been playing music daily at Joe's apartment in Providence and we are going to bring it to Nick-a-Nees this Saturday night.

> These guys are really great and it is both a great honor and a great challenge to play with them. And lots of fun. We're making great dance music with really up, encouraging lyrics. Even curmudgeons will smile.

> Not to be missed.

> Really.

Thursday June 3 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
---------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm to midnight

A free show at Nick-a-Nees (75 South Street in Providence) with me and Chris Monti playing an old-school Killdevils show, just him and me and the music we love. Bring your dog!

Saturday June 5 -- PANCAKE BREAKFAST
---------------
WHERE: Federal Hill House, 9 Courtland St., Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 am to noon
COVER: $5 (kids under 5 eat free)

The Urban Greens folk write:

> Urban Greens Food Co-op invites our Greater Providence community to celebrate with us as we conclude our Spring Membership Drive. Join us for delicious pancakes and a coffee. Purchase a founding share in the co-op if you haven’t already, listen to live music, and peruse our silent auction! $5 per person, kids under 5 eat free!

I'll be playing folk music with other folkies. Hopefully I'll get some pancakes too. It should be fun!

Sunday June 6 -- BREAKFAST SHOW (SOLO)
WHERE: The Liberty Elm, 777 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI
WHEN: 11 am to 1 pm

Two breakfast shows in two days? Apparently so. Come and have an excellent breakfast at the Liberty Elm (featured not long ago on the Food Network's 'Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives' TV show) and listen to me sing a bunch of original and folk songs.

Lots of other stuff coming up -- as always you can see a full list at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html> -- but that should be enough to be going on. Hope to see you all around!

Thanks,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh