[JakeShows] WBSR live performance Thursday, White Electric show Friday, NYC performance Saturday

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon May 17 11:12:14 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Last night I went to the Motif Awards show at the Hi-Hat. I didn't
win anything (Joanne Lurgio won 'Album of the Year' for her CD
'Nothing Remains The Same', which I own and enjoy) but I had a nice
time, particularly at the end of the night when I got my accordion out
and did a little jamming with Mark Cutler and the Bourbon Boys. The
Providence Phoenix poll results have yet to be announced, so I'll let
you know when I get any news about them.

This week I've got three performances in three days, including a live
radio set on Thursday that I hope folks who can't usually make it to
my shows will be able to listen to. Here's the full rundown:

Thursday May 20 -- SOLO SHOW -- LIVE RADIO PERFORMANCE
---------------
WHERE: WBSR, 88.1 / http://www.bsrlive.com/
WHEN: 9-10 pm Eastern time

I'll be performing in one of WBSR's live blocks -- most of the hour
will be taken up by me performing, and I'll also be bringing a few
recordings so I can act as a DJ. I've been hoping to do this for a
while and I'm both nervous and excited! The direct link to the WBSR
live stream is <http://www.bsrlive.com/rams/src1.m3u>

Friday May 21 -- SOLO SHOW
-------------
WHERE: White Electric, 711 Westminster Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8-10 pm
COVER: No cover, but I will 'pass the hat' at some point

This show is kind of an early birthday present to myself (my birthday
being May 27 -- I'm turning 38). I wanted to put together a nice,
intimate, acoustic show with some musicians I love but don't get to
share the stage with as much as I'd like.

Happily, White Electric, a great coffee house on Westminster which
occasionally stays open late for special musical shows, agreed to host
the event, and Allysen Callery and Kate Katzberg both agreed to join
me for the evening's music. I don't think Kate and Allysen have ever
done a show together before, but I think the blend will work very
nicely.

If you live in Providence, keep an eye out around town for my friend
Scuffy Genius's excellent posters for the show!

Saturday May 22 -- SOLO SHOW IN NYC
--------------------
WHERE: The Alphabet Lounge, 104 Ave. C, New York, NY 10009 (in the
East Village)
WHEN: 7-7:45 pm
COVER: $10

It's my second NYC show! The Alphabet Lounge has kindly agreed to
book me again. If you've got any New York City-area friends who you
think would enjoy seeing me perform, please pass the information
along; they can currently hear all of my CD at <http://music.jwgh.org/>.

And that's it until June. I'm still posting a free mp3 every week at <http://music.jwgh.org/freemp3.html
> for those who are interested. See you around!

Thanks,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh