[JakeShows] Live recording at the Mill this coming Saturday, birthday show next week, then a trip to NYC

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed May 12 22:49:45 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Thanks again to everyone who voted for me in the Phoenix and Motif
polls -- I should find out if I won anything in the next week or so!

I've got three exciting shows coming up in the next couple of weeks:

Saturday May 15 -- SOLO SHOW
---------------
WHERE: The Mill, 711 Putnam Pike, Greenville, RI 02828
WHEN: 8 pm
COVER: $8

I am really excited about this show! Why am I excited about it? Let
me count the ways:

- A couple of my favorite local performers, Kim Lamothe and Hannah
Devine, will be sharing the bill with me. Kim will be joined by her
excellent drummer, Eric Hastings.

- My friend (and gifted guitarist) Natalie Markward of Anne's Cordial
has agreed to accompany me on some of my songs, and it looks like Eric
will also play drums on some of the songs!

- The whole thing will be recorded by the Mill's high-quality
recording setup, so if all goes well this could be a sneak preview for
an EP sometime in the near future!

All of that aside (but why would you set it aside?) the Mill is a
great venue for live music, and the audience gets to sit on
comfortable couches and chairs, so with as much fun I'm planning to
have I'm sure the folks listening to the show will have a great time
too.

There may also be cake.

Friday May 21 -- SOLO SHOW
-------------
WHERE: White Electric, 711 Westminster Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8-10 pm
COVER: No cover, but I will 'pass the hat' at some point

This show is kind of an early birthday present to myself (my birthday
being May 27 -- I'm turning 38). I wanted to put together a nice,
intimate, acoustic show with some musicians I love but don't get to
share the stage with as much as I'd like.

Happily, White Electric, a great coffee house on Westminster which
occasionally stays open late for special musical shows, agreed to host
the event, and Allysen Callery and Kate Katzberg both agreed to join
me for the evening's music. I don't think Kate and Allysen have ever
done a show together before, but I think the blend will work very
nicely.

Saturday May 22 -- SOLO SHOW IN NYC
--------------------
WHERE: The Alphabet Lounge, 104 Ave. C, New York, NY 10009 (in the
East Village)
WHEN: 7-7:45 pm
COVER: $10

It's my second NYC show! The Alphabet Lounge has kindly agreed to
book me again. If you've got any New York City-area friends who you
think would enjoy seeing me perform, please pass the information
along; they can currently hear all of my CD at <http://music.jwgh.org/>.

Many thanks,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh