[JakeShows] A new song, a pre-Thanksgiving acoustic Killdevils show, a post-Thanksgiving electric show, holiday shows, and more!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Nov 22 11:12:08 EST 2010

Hey all,

The New Music show last Friday was a lot of fun and I think everyone got some good songs out of it. I ended up playing three previously unperformed songs, one of which, 'The Ballad of Anne Hutchinson', can be found here: <http://music.jwgh.org/freemp3.html> I hope you enjoy it!

Chris and I are playing one more show before Thanksgiving (the show is tomorrow night), and then once we're back the holiday season is upon us and things will really start to get crazy. Here's what's coming up:

Tuesday November 23 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
-------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Firehouse 13, 41 Central Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $10

There are two Central Streets in Providence. This one may appear as 'Central Circle' in some GPSes and is in the 02907 zip code.

This is the first annual fundraiser to help folks in the local artistic community. This year the focus is on helping those who worked at Sound Sessions. More information can be found here: <http://artistsessions.eventbrite.com/>

The schedule is:

Doors 8pm
ACT 1 – The soloists - 8:30- 9:30
Chris Rosenquest
Jess Powers

ACT 2 – Acoustic bands - 9:30-10:45
The Killdevils (acoustic)
KC Moaners

ACT 3 - Dance band - 10:45 – 1am
Eric Bloom & The Reform Party

Hosts Michaelle Saintil & Christopher Johnson will also provide their talents as spoken word artists throughout the evening.

Thursday December 2 - ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
-------------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

It's Chris Monti's birthday and to celebrate we'll be playing an electric show at the best bar in town. Hope you can make it!

Saturday December 4 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
-------------------
WHEN: 7-10 pm
WHERE: Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $6 donation suggested. The money goes to a local food pantry.

The Anne's Cordial Holiday Show. Natalie, Joe, and I will be sharing the bill with Anne's Cordial and the Khinship. (We should be on around 8 pm.) There will be potluck food and we will also be accepting non-perishable donations for a food pantry.

Tuesday December 7 - SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: On the Dock Grill, 50 Waterfront Drive, Warwick, RI 02889

I'll be the featured act at an open mike run by Joanne Lurgio. She'll pass the hat for me at some point.

Sunday December 12 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
WHEN: 4-6 pm
WHERE: The Waterstreet Café, 36 Water Street, Fall River, MA 02721

This is a holiday benefit show for the Faxon Animal Shelter: <http://www.animalrescueleaguefr.org/index.php> organized by Daniel Ouellette. I will be performing with the Running Commentary and will also be part of a backup band for Daniel's tribute to the music of Marlene Dietrich.

Lots more shows to come in December and beyond -- as always you can see what I've got planned at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>. Hope to see you all around!

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh