[JakeShows] New music Friday, dance music Saturday, acoustic Killdevils Tuesday, and more

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Thu Nov 18 11:00:00 EST 2010

Hi all,

I hope you all have fun Thanksgiving plans for next week.

Video of my performance at this month's Empire Revue, when I led the crowd in a rousing chorus of 'Adorable Kittens', can be seen here: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZHd41HcYXo>

There's an article in the Providence Monthly about the Double Decker Dance Band which you can read here: <http://issuu.com/providencemedia/docs/pm_1110/80?viewMode=presentation> Pretty cool!

Friday November 19 - SOLO SHOW - FIRST WORKS
------------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: The Black Box Theatre at the Artist's Exchange, 50 Rolfe Square, Cranston, RI 02910
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160011394038236>
COVER: $5

I have asked some of my favorite songwriters to join me to perform some brand new, previously unperformed music. I'm very excited to hear what people have to play! I'll be sharing the stage with: Judith Bingham, Kim Lamothe, Frank Martyn, GW Mercure, and Chris Monti.

Cranston Style has a short article about the show which includes recordings from me, GW Mercure, and Chris Monti.

My songs will touch on the subjects of Rhode Island historical figures, dogs, and romance.

Saturday November 20 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
--------------------
WHEN: 10 pm (doors open at 9)
WHERE: The 201, 201 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166310943391928>
COVER: $5

The Double Decker Dance Band opens for Full Tang, a nifty afrobeat-flavored dance band from Roxbury. <http://www.myspace.com/fulltangband>

Tuesday November 23 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Firehouse 13, 41 Central Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $10

The acoustic Killdevils will be part of a benefit for unpaid workers from this year's Sound Session. Michaelle Santil and Christopher Johnson host, and the KC Moaners, Jess Powers, Chris Rosenquest, and Eric Bloom & the Reformers will also perform. There will also be a show on Wednesday the 24th with other acts.