[JakeShows] Acoustic Killdevils on Saturday, solo show next week, dance band show after that ...

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Thu Nov 11 09:25:00 EST 2010

Hi all,

Before I get to my own shows, I thought I'd let you know of some shows that some friends of mine have coming up:

- Tomorrow (Friday the 12th) Chris Monti will be playing at the Brown University Show. He'll be sharing the bill with Bill Monroe and Jim Chapin. It's a free show.

- Also tomorrow, Daniel Ouellette & the Shobijin are headlining at the Speakeasy @ Local 121. Daniel's act is a hard to describe combination of New Wave, dance music, and performance art and is a lot of fun. $5 cover. The show starts at 9 pm so it is possible to go to both this show and Chris's earlier show (as I plan to).

- Looking ahead a few weeks, Kim Lamothe is going to have her CD release party for her new album 'Mystery of Viburnum' on Friday December 3 at the Speakeasy @ Local 121. Allysen Callery, Chris Moon, and Art Don't Pay will also play. Should be a lot of fun! (And I've been looking forward to hearing this album for a while.)

Maybe I'll see you at one of those events.

And now on to my own upcoming shows:

Saturday November 13 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
--------------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: Firehouse 13, 41 Central Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=151574764886914>
COVER: $7

Chris and I will be opening for a great local jug band, the K.C. Moaners. The comedy act the Anonymous Comics will also perform. Doors open at 8 pm.

Friday November 19 - SOLO SHOW - FIRST WORKS
------------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: The Black Box Theatre at the Artist's Exchange, 50 Rolfe Square, Cranston, RI 02910
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160011394038236>
COVER: $5

I have asked some of my favorite songwriters to join me to perform some brand new, previously unperformed music. I'm very excited to hear what people have to play! I'll be sharing the stage with: Judith Bingham, Kim Lamothe, Frank Martyn, GW Mercure, and Chris Monti.

Saturday November 20 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
--------------------
WHEN: 10 pm (doors open at 9)
WHERE: The 201, 201 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166310943391928>
COVER: $5

The Double Decker Dance Band opens for Full Tang, a nifty afrobeat-flavored dance band from Roxbury. <http://www.myspace.com/fulltangband>

I'm working on booking some shows for 2011 and it looks like I can look forward to another busy year! As always you can see what I've got planned at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.