[JakeShows] New video, plus solo show Wednesday at AS220, some exciting DDDB shows, and other upcoming events

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Aug 1 13:27:08 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm back from vacation! Here's a video of me playing my song 'Pickle Postcard' while in Maine: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoOk9qF7O1I>

Now it's back to work ... which, so far, so good. I gave up caffeine while I was away so we will see how long I can keep that up!

As you might know, I'm planning to start recording my new CD in September, and I will have an exciting (to me, at least) announcement regarding that on Friday, so keep an eye out for that ...

But in the meantime, I've got some cool shows planned this month:

Wednesday August 3 - SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8:30 pm-late
COVER: $6

Sharing the bill with POW!!, the Dum Dums, Map Light, and Andre Harner. I'll be on first. Note the early start time.

Sunday August 7 - EMPIRE REVUE
---------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8 pm
COVER: $8

The Empire Revue is a great monthly cabaret show. I believe I'll make the band play 'The Ballad of Anne Hutchinson' along with me Should be fun!

Thursday August 11 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
------------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8:30 pm-late
COVER: $6

This is a monthly series put together by the AS220 Criss Cross Orchestra, a band led by Obuamah Laud Addy, an award winning West African Ghanaian musician and composer. They will play, we will play, and Boo City will fill out the bill.

Friday August 12 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
----------------
WHERE: 1000 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI 02907 (in Roger Williams Park)
WHEN: 8-9 pm
COVER: Adults: $15/$10 for members / Seniors & Children: $10/$5 for members

Part of ZooARTyssey: http://www.rogerwilliamsparkzoo.org/calendar/zooartyssey.cfm

Saturday August 13 - FARMER'S MARKET
WHERE: Lippet Park, Hope St & Blackstone Blvd, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 am-12:30 pm

Playing for tips. If you're buying some greens, stop by and say hello!

... and that takes us through the first half of August. As always, you can see all of the shows I've got booked at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>. Hope to see you around!

See you,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music