[JakeShows] Solo shows this weekend, a show in Worcester next week, a DDDB outdoors show, and the last Running Commentary show for a while

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Aug 19 17:07:31 EDT 2011

Hi all,

The kickstarter campaign is at 66% of its goal after just two weeks! <http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/> I've very excited about it -- of course it means I've got a lot of knitting and baking to do ...

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IMG_2897.jpeg
Type: image/jpg
Size: 38852 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------

(Excuse my obsession.)

In other news, I've got a bunch of shows coming up this month. I'm really looking forward to Songwriters in the Round on Sunday, which will feature one of my favorite local performers, Kate Katzberg, as well as some other great musicians. Then next week I've got my first show in Worcester in a while (opening for the great band the Smile Makers), a Double Decker Dance Band show at a local library, and the last Jacob Haller & the Running Commentary show before we go into the studio to record. (And then, early next month: recording begins!) It's all a bit nerve-wracking but also very exciting. I hope you can make it to one or more of these shows! Here's the details:

Saturday August 20 -- SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHERE: Brooklyn Coffee & Tea House, 209 Douglas Avenue, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8:30-10:30 pm

This is part of RISA's Saturday songwriter sessions hosted by Steve Allain. This month, it's me, Marilynn Manfra, and Tom Shields. I believe there's no cover but there will be a tip jar.

This is a little unorthodox, but I have to say that (although I think this will be a good show) I might have to recommend another local show over it. The latest show in Jenny White's SIREN series is the same night and features Kayla Ringelheim, Hannah Devine, Jenny White, Ana Malozzi, and Anne's Cordial. It will be at the Locals in North Providence. I really like Jenny White's music a lot, Hannah Devine is great too, and I like Anne's Cordial enough to have borrowed half of their band to form the Running Commentary, so I think that will be a great show. More information about that show can be found at <http://www.reverbnation.com/show/4806393>.

Sunday August 21 -- SOLO SHOW (SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND)
----------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 6-8 pm
COVER: $5

I will be hosting Songwriters in the Round this month, with the other songwriters being Pete Vendettuoli, Kate Katzberg, and Wilson Greenleaf. I am friends and fans of Pete and Kate and I think this will be a good one! We will play four songs each, one of which will be on a theme chosen by last month's audience: "ENVY FULFILLMENT".

I finished my song today. It's about as odd as you would expect!

Thursday August 25 - SOLO SHOW IN WORCESTER
------------------
WHERE: Beatnik's, 433 Park Avenue, Worcester, MA 01610
WHEN: 8-11:30 pm

I'll be opening for a great band called the Smile Makers -- you can hear some of their music at <http://www.myspace.com/thesmilemakers>. I should go on at 8 pm or shortly thereafter.

There's no cover charge but there will be a tip bucket which will be passed at some point.

Friday August 26 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
----------------
WHERE: Knight Memorial Library, 275 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI 02907
WHEN: 6:30-8:30 pm

This is part of the Live at the PCL! series put on by the Providence Community Libraries. More information can be found here: <http://www.provcomlib.org/calendarofevents.php?id=128475>

This will be an outdoor show. We may start a bit before 6:30 pm (I think Chris is going to suggest this to them since the sun is going down earlier and earlier these days).

We love the libraries and are pleased that they asked us to perform at one of these shows. I hope you can make it!

Sunday August 28 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY IN FALL RIVER
WHERE: The Waterstreet Caf?, 36 Water Street, Fall River, MA 02721
WHEN: 3-7 pm

Daniel Ouellette has organized another benefit for the Faxon Animal Shelter <http://www.animalrescueleaguefr.org/index.php> featuring a bunch of great acts. Jacob Haller and the Running Commentary will play first at 3 pm with a short set -- this will be our last show before we start recording my next CD! Also playing will be Glue, Christopher Moon, Tania Alexandra, Hamin Reed, Sugar Snow, and Daniel Ouellette and the Shobijin.

Donations for the animal shelter will be accepted, and there will also be a raffle.

... and that takes us through August. As always, you can see all of the shows I've got booked at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>. Thanks for all of your support, and I hope to see you around!

See you,
http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/