[JakeShows] Killdevils show Thursday, solo shows Saturday and Sunday, solo in Worcester next week (plus a Kickstarter update)

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Aug 16 09:24:29 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I kicked off my kickstarter project (which allows you to preorder CDs, or pledge more money to get other rewards, in order to raise money to help record my next CD) on August 5, and 11 days later I'm already at 61% of my goal. Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far, and thanks to everyone who's helped spread the word! The campaign ends on September 7.

In a related note, this morning I finished knitting a stegosaurus, which is one of the ten rewards available to people who pledge to the kickstarter project. On to the next!

See <http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/> for more information.

All that aside, August is shaping up to be a busy month. Here's what I've got coming up this week:

Thursday August 18 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
------------------
WHEN: 8:30 pm
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

Chris and I return for a night of blues, Americana, and original music. Come on by and have a beer and a meatball sandwich!

Saturday August 20 - SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHEN: 8:30-10:30 pm
WHERE: Brooklyn Coffee & Tea House, 209 Douglas Avenue, Providence, RI

A RISA showcase featuring me, Marilynn Manfra, Tom Shields, and host Steve Allain. We will pass the hat at some point.

Sunday August 21 - SOLO SHOW / SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
----------------
WHEN: 6-8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI

This should be great! I'm hosting RISA's Songwriters in the Round series this month. The other songwriters will be Pete Vendettuoli, Wilson Greenleaf, and Kate Katzberg. We'll do four songs each, one of which will be on a theme picked by last month's audience, "ENVY FULFILLMENT". I don't think I'm familiar with Wilson Greenleaf's music, but Pete is a great musician and Kate is one of my favorite performers around. I think it'll be fun!

Thursday August 25 - SOLO SHOW IN WORCESTER
------------------
WHEN: 8-11:30 pm
WHERE: Beatnik's, 433 Park Ave, Worcester, MA 01610

Opening for the Smile Makers, a duo composed of Nicole Sutka and Eric Donaldson. I really like this band a lot and I'm psyched that they've asked me to open for them! No cover, but a tip bucket will be passed around.

Friday August 26 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
----------------
WHEN: 6:30-8:30 pm
WHERE: Knight Memorial Library, 275 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI 02907

This is part of the Live at the PCL! series. For more information about the show, see <http://www.provcomlib.org/calendarofevents.php?id=128475>.

Sunday August 28 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
WHEN: 3-7 pm
WHERE: The Waterstreet Café, 36 Water Street, Fall River, MA 02721

JH&tRC play from 3-3:30 pm and will be followed by Glue, Christopher Moon, Tania Alexandra, Hamin Reed, Sugar Snow, and Daniel Ouellette and the Shobijin. There will also be raffle. This is a benefit for the Faxon Animal Shelter.

This will be the last Running Commentary show before we go into the recording studio, and we probably won't perform in public again until the release parties in November or December, so come if you can!

So long,
Jacob Haller
http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/