[JakeShows] Open mike featured act in North Providence Thursday, plus March shows, plus Jake & Chris East Coast Tour 2011!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Feb 22 22:55:21 EST 2011

Hey all,

I hope you're well! Chris Monti and I have been busy planning a tour of the East Coast starting on March 17. We plan to generally focus on original songs and to split our sets between solo songs and songs where we play together. It should be a lot of fun. I won't list the dates here (I'll include them in a later message closer to the tour), but you can get all the latest information from <http://killdevils.com/2011tour/>, and you can play also songs from our new albums, 'like' the page on facebook, etc.

But there's still lots to do in Rhode Island before then, starting with just a couple of days from now:

Thursday February 25 - OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT- J. HALLER & N. MARKWARD
--------------------
WHEN: 7 pm
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=187185717973380>

Natalie will accompany me on a bunch of original and cover songs at this fun open mike, which is hosted by Whalebone Jackson. The Locals serves beer and wine, plus tasty food made from locally-produced ingredients. We are pleased to be the open mike's first featured act and we hope there will be a nice crowd to check things out!

Friday March 4 - CHRIS MONTI CD RELEASE PARTY w/THE DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
--------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Firehouse 13, 41 Central Street, Providence, RI [may show up as 41 Central Circle on some GPSes]
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183232035047138>
COVER: $7 in advance, $8 at the door - buy tickets in advance from <http://firehouse13.ticketleap.com/>

Album release party for Chris Monti's new acoustic album "Home" on 4 March at Firehouse 13. Chris will do a solo set, and Alec K. Redfearn & the Eyesores, the Double Decker Dance Band, and an acoustic band TBA will also play.

Saturday March 5 - SOLO SHOW
----------------
WHEN: 8-10 pm
WHERE: Brooklyn Coffee & Tea House, 209 Douglas Avenue, Providence, RI

Showcase of RISA songwriters on the first & third Saturday of each month. This month it will be Jacob Haller, GW Mercure, and one other songwriter TBA. All original. Hosted by Steve Allain.

Sunday March 6 - EMPIRE REVUE
--------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145039682221932>
COVER: $8

Playing a song as part of the Empire Revue cabaret show.

Friday March 11 - NEW MUSIC SERIES - SOLO SHOW
---------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: The Artists' Exchange, 50 Rolfe Square, Cranston, RI 02910
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125072200898815>
COVER: $5

This show is part of the Black Box Music Series. I will be playing some never-before performed songs along with some great singer/songwriters: Chris Boyd, Orion Rigel Dommisse, Kim Lamothe, Don Tassone, and Jenny White.

Sunday March 13 - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
---------------
WHEN: 6-8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200771213271682>
COVER: $5

Hosting Songwriters in the Round. The other songwriters will be Beth DeSombre, Marilynn Manfra, and Dave Dersham. The theme is "WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG."

Wednesday March 16 - LIVE TV SHOW with THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
WHEN: 8-9 pm
WHERE: Onset VFW, 4 Gibbs Ball Park Road, Onset, MA 02558
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191024444262559>

Playing for a local, live, one hour broadcast on channel 9 on Comcast which will also appear on local access stations throughout southeastern Massachusetts and RI. It should also stream live on the world wide web. I will give away copies of my CD, 'Mistaken Identity', to the first 20 people in the door to be the live studio audience for this free show.

And that brings me to the tour, which I am sure I will be totally well-rested for.

Have a great month!

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh