[JakeShows] Running Commentary in North Providence Saturday, plus a bunch of shows next week

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Jul 5 17:28:53 EDT 2011

Hi all,

On Sunday I took my first stab at standup comedy at the Empire Revue. I think it went pretty well -- the crowd there is always very supportive -- but I don't plan to give up my instruments any time soon. I imagine they will post videos at some point, so if you want to see me analyze Rhode Island's state song -- you can see the lyrics at <http://www.ri.gov/facts/song.php> or listen to a recording at <http://www.ri.gov/facts/downloads/song.mp3> -- you should be able to do so soon.

Saturday July 9 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY IN NORTH PROVIDENCE
---------------
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911
WHEN: 7-10 pm

I'll play a solo set, then will bring up the band for the last couple of hours.

The Locals serves beer and wine, plus tasty food made from locally-produced ingredients. They got a nice writeup here: <http://www.ecori.org/food/the-locals-neighborhood-eats.html>

Have a nice dinner, perhaps some variety of dessert that includes bacon, and enjoy the music!

Wednesday July 13 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
-----------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8:30-11:30 pm

Keith Munslow kindly recommended us to fill in for the Superchief Trio next week and we jumped at the chance!

Nick-a-Nees is my favorite bar, a strong supporter of the local music scene. In addition to having the best jukebox around, they have tasty meatball sandwiches, cheap beer, and (if you ask at the bar) free peanuts. Come check it out!

Thursday July 14 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
----------------
WHERE: West Side Thursdays at Dexter Field, Providence, RI (off Westminster on Dexter Street)
WHEN: 6-8 pm

Free outdoors Double Decker Dance Band show!

Friday July 15 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
--------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9:30 pm-12:30 am

Our third show at Nick-a-Nees promises to be just as fun as our first two. Come on down and do some dancing!

Saturday July 16 - FARMER'S MARKET
WHERE: Lippitt Park, Hope Street & Blackstone Blvd, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 am-12:30 pm

Playing for tips at the farmer's market. Look for me to be heavily caffeinated after the previous night's show.

I hope you can make it to one or more of these shows! As always, you can see all of the shows I've got booked at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

See you,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music