[JakeShows] Running Commentary at Nick-a-Nees tomorrow, plus Double Decker shows this week and more!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Jul 12 22:12:04 EDT 2011

Hi all,

New shows keep turning up this month! It is quite a thing.

I think I mentioned last time I sent one of these out that I dipped my toe into standup comedy at the last Empire Revue. The audience there is always very friendly and I think it went pretty well. With that said, I think I will leave it to the professionals in the future! Here is the video of me talking about the Star Spangled Banner and Rhode Island's terrible state song: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXw_jsMhtDE>

On to the shows, which start with Jacob Haller & the Running Commentary's debut at Nick-a-Nees tomorrow and goes on to include Double Decker Dance Band and acoustic Killdevils shows:

Wednesday July 13 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
-----------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8:30-11:30 pm

Keith Munslow kindly recommended us to fill in for the Superchief Trio next week and we jumped at the chance!

Nick-a-Nees is my favorite bar, a strong supporter of the local music scene. In addition to having the best jukebox around, they have tasty meatball sandwiches, cheap beer, and (if you ask at the bar) free peanuts. If you're looking for a place to have a cold drink tomorrow evening, come by and check it out!

Thursday July 14 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
----------------
WHERE: West Side Thursdays at Dexter Field, Providence, RI (off Westminster on Dexter Street)
WHEN: 6-8 pm

Free outdoors Double Decker Dance Band show!

Friday July 15 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
--------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9:30 pm-12:30 am

Our third show at Nick-a-Nees promises to be just as fun as our first two. Come on down and do some dancing!

Saturday July 16 - FARMER'S MARKET
----------------
WHERE: Lippitt Park, Hope Street & Blackstone Blvd, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 am-12:30 pm

Playing for tips at the farmer's market. Look for me to be heavily caffeinated after the previous night's show.

Thursday July 21 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm-midnight

Chris Monti and I playing more blues, americana, and original songs than you can shake a stick at. Dogs are welcome.

As always, you can see all of the shows I've got booked at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

See you,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music