[JakeShows] Empire Revue tonight, Killdevils and DDDB shows this week, Running Commentary show next week

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sun Jun 5 13:39:14 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Some of you may know that I have family in Western Massachusetts in the general area that the tornadoes hit. Fortunately, they (and their houses) are all fine, though my dad and stepmother were without power for a few days. I hope that you and the people you know made it through OK too.

I feel like every time I write one of these I want to say how exciting all of the shows is, and I think most of the time I end up editing it out, because I am excited about pretty much all of my shows and expect them all to be great and so it's probably not a useful way for people to decide which show to go to. But really, I mean -- playing with Chris Turner again: GREAT. The Double Decker Dance Band back at Nick-a-Nees, where we had a super fun show last month: ALSO GREAT. Sharing the stage with the Running Commentary and Chris Monti both for the first time: EXCITING. Being a musician is fun, and I hope that you can come share the fun with me at these shows.

Should I have gotten a little more sleep this weekend? PERHAPS.

Anyway, hope to see you around!

Sunday June 5 - EMPIRE REVUE
-------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108255565929544
COVER: $8

A special father's day edition of this monthly cabaret show. I'll relate some advice my dad gave me and sing a song. I understand that Mark Cutler will also play a song, Bettysioux Tailor will do some burlesque, comedians Matt D. and Jimmy James will perform, and lots more!

Thursday June 9 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW w/CHRIS TURNER
---------------
WHEN: 9 pm-midnight
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

Chris Monti and I will be joined by amazing harmonica player Chris Turner for a night of blues.

Saturday June 11 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
----------------
WHEN: 9:30 pm-12:30 am
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

The Double Decker Dance Band returns to Nick-a-Nees for a night of music and dancing.

Saturday June 18 - FARMER'S MARKET
----------------
WHEN: 9 am-12:30 pm
WHERE: Lippitt Park, Hope Street & Blacksmith Blvd, Providence, RI

Playing for tips at the farmer's market.

Saturday June 18 - RUNNING COMMENTARY SHOW w/CHRIS MONTI
WHEN: 9 pm-midnight
WHERE: The Apartment, 373 Richmond Street, Providence, RI

Jacob Haller & the Running Commentary have our first show in a while! You can hear some recordings of us at <http://music.jwgh.org/demo/>.

Chris Monti will open for us, and will also join us for a few songs.

Do you know what else is happening this month? My high school 21-year reunion. I guess my high school class can drink legally now! We will see how that goes.

As always, you can see all of the shows I've got booked at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

See you,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh