[JakeShows] Delicious pie, a show in Boston, the Empire Revue, and a show in North Providence

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Jun 27 11:24:16 EDT 2011

Hi all,

My friend Nicky Mariani (she is also the stage manager at the Empire Revue) is fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and is willing to make pies in return for donations. See <http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150220979838966> for details. Of course, you can always just make a direct donation at <http://pages.teamintraining.org/ri/nikesf11/nmariani>.

Last week I deleted my myspace account, and this prompted me to learn and record the old Bessie Smith song 'Good Old Wagon'. You can see the video at <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6LOh2pOXk> if desired.

I also went to my 21-year high school reunion on Saturday, but I don't have much to say about that other than it was fun. I'll attach a copy of 1990 me for those who are interested.

I have two shows this month with Natalie and Joe, one in Cambridge and the other in North Providence. There's also a Double Decker show (or maybe two -- Chris is working on something) and the Empire Revue. A pretty good month! Here are the details:

Friday July 1 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY IN CAMBRIDGE
-------------
WHERE: The Cantab Lounge, 738 Massachusetts Avenue (Central Square), Cambridge, MA 02139
WHEN: 9 pm
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170396089675591>
COVER: $8

This is Daniel Ouellette's birthday show. Happy birthday, Daniel!

My band will go on first and will be followed by Sugar Snow, with Daniel Ouellette and the Shobijin on last.

Daniel's performances are a sort of combination of new wave music and performance art and he has a strange, witty sense of humor that I really enjoy. He also usually gives out free false mustaches at some point in the evening. Here's one of his songs: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKpHFExZWA0>

You can hear some recordings of my band at <http://music.jwgh.org/demo/index.html> using the music player on the right.

Sunday July 3 - EMPIRE REVUE
-------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8 pm
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=223825107641710>
COVER: $8

> Celebrate our fifth anniversary with us on July 3rd! Yes, it's true! 5 whole years of comedy, music and mayhem! We're pulling out all the stops for this one, and are bringing you a night of show-stopping songs from our checkered past! Hits like, "It's Ok To Be Wet!", "Why Can't You Drive in the Snow?" and many more. Not to be missed. Bring your friends, and people you just met at the bust station to AS220, and for 8 bucks, you can laugh and swing, and party with your pals, the Sparkling Beatniks, and Superchief Trio. We'd love to see you there!

I haven't decided what I'll do yet but I have a couple of things in mind.

Saturday July 9 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY IN NORTH PROVIDENCE
---------------
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911
WHEN: 7-10 pm

I think I'll play a solo set, then will bring up the band for the last couple of hours.

The Locals serves beer and wine, plus tasty food made from locally-produced ingredients. They got a nice writeup here: <http://www.ecori.org/food/the-locals-neighborhood-eats.html>

No cover!

Thursday July 14 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
----------------
WHERE: West Side Thursdays at Dexter Field, Providence, RI (off Westminster on Dexter Street)
WHEN: 6-8 pm

Free outdoors Double Decker Dance Band show!

Saturday July 16 - FARMER'S MARKET
WHERE: Lippitt Park, Hope Street & Blackstone Blvd, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 am-12:30 pm

Playing for tips at the farmer's market.

I hope you can make it to one or more of these shows! As always, you can see all of the shows I've got booked at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

See you,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music