[JakeShows] Happy birthday to me, plus a show in New London, plus June shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed May 25 14:37:26 EDT 2011

Hi all,

It's been a bit of a hectic week but I think it is all building to an excellent weekend. I hope to see you at some shows!

If you can't make it, you can hear a little interview with me in the current episode of the Sully's Cafe podcast: <http://sullyscafe.com/?p=2859> and I play a few songs too!

Oh, I should mention that I've started a new bloggy-type thing on tumblr: <http://jwgh.tumblr.com/>

Friday May 27 - BIRTHDAY SHOW W/KATE KATZBERG
-------------
WHEN: 8-10 pm
WHERE: The Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=206675282696172
COVER: $5 requested to help pay for the venue and pay the musicians

It's our birthday! Come on down and help us celebrate. We'll be playing music separately, together, and with some special guests. I will play my accordion.

It'll be a potluck dinner, but we guarantee cake. Hope you can make it!

Saturday May 28 - JAKE AND CHRIS IN CONNECTICUT
---------------
WHEN: 7-9 pm
WHERE: Bean & Leaf Artisinal Coffee & Teas, 13 Washington Street, New London, CT 06320
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=124720690940514

Chris Monti and I will do some acoustic sets.

Sunday June 5 - EMPIRE REVUE
-------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108255565929544
COVER: $8

A special father's day edition of this monthly cabaret show. I'll relate some advice my dad gave me and sing a song. I understand that Mark Cutler will also play a song, Bettysioux Tailor will do some burlesque, comedians Matt D. and Jimmy James will perform, and lots more!

Thursday June 9 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW w/CHRIS TURNER
---------------
WHEN: 9 pm-midnight
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

Chris Monti and I will be joined by amazing harmonica player Chris Turner for a night of blues.

Saturday June 11 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
----------------
WHEN: 9:30 pm-12:30 am
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

The Double Decker Dance Band returns to Nick-a-Nees for a night of music and dancing.

Saturday June 18 - FARMER'S MARKET
----------------
WHEN: 9 am-12:30 pm
WHERE: Lippitt Park, Hope Street & Blacksmith Blvd, Providence, RI

Playing for tips at the farmer's market.

Saturday June 18 - RUNNING COMMENTARY SHOW w/CHRIS MONTI
WHEN: 9 pm-midnight
WHERE: The Apartment, 373 Richmond Street, Providence, RI

Jacob Haller & the Running Commentary have our first show in a while! You can hear some recordings of us at <http://music.jwgh.org/demo/>.

Chris Monti will open for us, and will also join us for a few songs.

That covers it for the next month. Happy spring!

See you,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh